The highlight of this Assembly was the feedback of the evaluation of the AnaEE Service Centres proposals by H. Loescher, chair of the international evaluation panel. The progress of the implementation working groups were also reviewed and discussed (photo©czechglobe).
AnaEE is composed of the national experimental, analytical and modelling platforms. Beside the coordinating Central Hub (hosted by France), added value will be brought by 3 supranational Service Centres:
The Technology Centre will be responsible for:
- harmonising and upgrading instruments and procedures across AnaEE platforms;
- organising technology foresight workshops and technology sessions;
- developing innovative technology and contributing to its commercialization process;
- training on new technologies and procedures related to Quality, Innovation and Industry Liaisons;
- feeding the Technology section of the AnaEE portal and managing an open technical forum.
Denmark (the University of Copenhagen, Dept. of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management –K. Beier director- and Dept. of Plant and Environmental Sciences –S. Christensen director-) is the candidate country for this centre. Responses to the evaluation panel comments were presented by Claus Steenberg Larsen, the anticipated director of this Centre.
The Data and Modeling Centre will be responsible for:
- harmonizing the metadata and data from national platforms;
- data quality improvement and data analysis;
- ensuring visibility and access to AnaEE data;
- facilitating access to a range of ecosystem modelling solution and models factories platforms;
- improving models interoperability;
- facilitating the use of models by non-model developers;
- feeding the Data and Modelling section of the AnaEE portal.
Italy (the Council for Agricultural Research and Economics (CREA) Bologna -director Ida Marandola-) is the candidate country for this centre. Responses to the evaluation panel comments were presented by Marcello Donatelli, the anticipated director of this Centre.
The Interface & Synthesis Centre will be responsible for:
- organising scientific and societal prospective studies and the lobbying for new research programs;
- setting-up project building capacity;
- elaborating outreach material directly related to AnaEE results;
- organising worldwide ecosystem science syntheses;
- elaborating societal scenarios and innovation needs beyond AnaEE results;
- feeding the Interface and Synthesis Centre section of the AnaEE portal.
Czech Republic (the Global Change Research Institute CAS, -director M. Mareck-) is the candidate country for this centre. Responses to the evaluation panel comments were presented by Miroslav Trnka, the anticipated director of this Centre.