Services for researchers
- Cost effective physical, remote and virtual access to key experimental ecosystem platforms across different climatic and land use regimes in Europe. Capabilities to test climatic, anthropogenic and biotic stress factors, as well as management options for mitigating the impact of these stress factors;
- Cost effective access to key specific analytical and modelling platforms;
- Provision and support of specialist expertise in planning, constructing and maintaining ecosystem experiments;
- Improved methodologies, standardized measurements, harmonisation of metadata;
- Research project building capacity;
- Training of young researchers and students as well as platforms personnel.
Services for national stakeholders
- Higher international visibility of national infrastructures. Access to expertise, research programs, and data;
- Technical and organisational support to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of platforms, data and models;
- Scientifically solid syntheses of experimental ecosystem research for academy, education and industry users;
- Definition and standardization of criteria for cost effective procurement of the advanced equipment needed for AnaEE platforms;
- Large scale assessment of strategies aiming at adaptation and mitigation of climate change and loss of biodiversity in agro-ecosystems, forestry and freshwater ecosystems.
Services for European policy makers and industry
- Coordination of complementary competencies within the scientific community assessing mitigation and adaptation responses;
- Ability to perform across Europe experimental verification of hypotheses and to test technologies and policies aimed at mitigating unwanted effects;
- Reliable results expressed through accepted standards and comparable formats;
- Training of personnel for high qualification;
- Coherent guidelines and specific indicators to track, measure, and assess ecosystem services impacts and dependencies. Support to decision processes in policy and business;
- Improved networking between science, policy makers and industries, sharing knowledge of impacts and dependencies of economic activities on ecosystem services;
- Elaboration of societal recommendations and innovation perspectives;
- Technology transfer resulting in the growth of innovative companies at both regional and international level.