The workplan of the AnaEE Preparatory Phase has been built around the development of the AnaEE Strategic Roadmap (WP2) which will be the backbone and key deliverable of the preparatory phase project. The AnaEE Roadmap (for the construction and implementation phase) will be developed in an iterative process through the tasks of WPs 3 to 7 supported by a strong coordination (WP1), communication and dialogue with stakeholders (WP8) to ensure that they are involved in the process from day 1 and thus contribute directly to the development and validation of the AnaEE Roadmap. WP3 will deliver the technical plan for the construction phase based on end-user needs and long-term scientific considerations. A data and access policy will be elaborated by WP4 based on the expected offer (WP3) and taking into consideration the needs and innovative developments of private and public bodies (WP5). By defining the pricing policy and funding model (WP7) that will ensure the financial feasibility and sustainability of the roll-out of AnaEE. WP6 will provide the governance and legal framework for this roll-out phase. These activities will be conducted in close collaboration with national stakeholders (WP8) to ensure the necessary commitments are in place at project end (2016).
WP 1: COORDINATION AND MANAGEMENT OF THE AnaEE PREPARATORY PHASE
WP 2: IMPLEMENTING THE AnaEE VISION
WP 3: AnaEE TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
WP 4: ACCESS TO AnaAEE INFRASTRUCTURE AND DATA AND LINKS WITH THE WIDER COMMUNITY
WP 5: INNOVATION
WP 6: LEGAL AND GOVERNANCE
WP 7: FINANCIAL AND HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING
WP 8: COMMUNICATION, NETWORKING, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
The objectives of this WP are three-fold:
- At the strategic level, it will ensure the project reaches its objectives be these political, legal, financial, technological or organizational.
- At the contractual level, it will ensure that the project progresses in conformity with the work plan in terms of milestones, deliverables, and planned resources and make any necessary contractual amendments.
- At the organisational level, it will carry out the partner payments, put in place the meeting logistics ensure good internal information and WP coordination as well as putting in place the procedures needed to ensure quality and conformity to EC rules and the Consortium agreement.
The WP2 objectives are to further develop the strategic vision for AnaEE and to ensure the implementation of this vision in the preparatory work and in the final roadmap. WP2 aims to:
- Identify the range of services that AnaEE can bring to potential users of the AnaEE infrastructure such as researchers, land managers, private companies and policy makers in order to analyse threats to and secure sustainability of ecosystem processes and services.
- Define the visions for the level of integration needed for the various services to be provided by AnaEE and identify the relevant tools to achieve this integration.
- Organize the feedbacks between the vision and the implementation of the tasks of the other workpackages. This enlarged vision of AnaEE, to be developed during the first year of the project, will feed the work of the other workpackages and reciprocally, the advancement of the workpackages may show constraints to be taken into account. We need to insure that the evolving visions for the services to be provided by AnaEE are coherently implemented in the individual workpackages as well as across the WPs.
- Finalize the strategic plan and roadmap for AnaEE based on inputs from all the work packages.
The objectives of this WP are three-fold:
- It will analyse and identify key scientific and technological services to be provided by the infrastructure and the facilities (in natura, ecotron, lab and model) in accordance with the AnaEE vision.
- It will evaluate experiences from existing infrastructures to identify potential gaps in the provision of services and provide plans for new development.
- It will develop the technical development plan for the construction, development and implementation of AnaEE infrastructure and facilities (in natura, ecotron, lab and model).
The WP4 objectives are divided into two broad groups. The first ones address the requirements and policies relating to AnaEE infrastructures for both users and providers. They are:
- Access Requirements for General and Policy Users.
- Intellectual Property Framework.
- Data and Infrastructure Access Policy.
The others objectives focus on the steps needed to deliver the required integration of data and modeling resources. They are:
- Define Data Quality Assurance and Metadata Standards.
- Models and Simulation Data Sharing.
- Data Services Plan.
The long term goal of innovation is to transfer AnaEE scientific, organizational and technical innovations to the civil society. That will happen through the provision of data or services to public bodies, industry initiatives, public-private partnerships or other forms that may be identified case-by-case. The purpose of WP5 is to describe the mechanisms, draw the long-term organization, and prepare an implementation plan that will enable the goal via:
- Technology foresight: predict long-term demand trends for AnaEE environmental information and reporting.
- Marketing studies: Estimate potential demand for emerging technologies, generated either within or outside AnaEE.
- Map users and investors of AnaEE.
- Establish AnaEE products requirements.
- Provide accounting guidelines, revenue models, and technology transfer infrastructure.
The WP6 objectives are:
- To explore legal and governance models for the infrastructure that allow the effective integration and operation of its components.
- To deliver interim and long-term governances that respond to objectives and priorities of funding and research organisations participating in AnaEE.
The WP7 objectives are:
- To provide a global estimate of the infrastructure construction and operation costs.
- To assess financial models best suited to deliver the construction and operational needs of AnaEE and screening national and international funding sources for the continuous updating of the components of the infrastructure and for their operation.
- To develop policy recommendations on financial contribution principles.
- To establish an AnaEE business plan.
- To obtain funding commitments from governments through national funding agencies.
- To define a recruitment strategy to ensure needed human resources.
The WP8 objectives are:
- To put in place the tools and procedures to ensure maximum impact of AnaEE.
- To further structure the research community behind AnaEE.
- To establish and maintain close and regular communication and collaboration with the national stakeholders group.
- To mobilise and get commitment from stakeholders on the AnaEE roadmap, governance and legal framework.
- To raise awareness amongst all stakeholders of the need for AnaEE and for national commitment to the construction phase.
- To raise European citizens understanding of the role of ecosystems and related goods and services highlighting the need for ecosystem research via a training programme targeting schools and the general public.
- To develop a marketing and communications plan and associated material for the construction phase of AnaEE.